In Memory Of


What started out as a great Valentine's Day is ending up a day I will never forget.. We had to put down our old friend, an hour ago, the one horse that taught Mike and I how to ride. We had her for 18 years. She was 29. These pictures were just taken last spring. She had just turned 29. Hard to believe as she was always a very well built horse..



It wasn't age that was her dimise, but the ice in the corral. She slipped while running and playing with the other horses and hit her head on a door latch to the stalls. She was fatally injured and Mike had to help her out of her misery.. which is such a hard thing to do...

What a sweet personality this little mare had. She loved people and attention and would do anything for you. Great trail horse. She loved the trails and won lots of ribbons on trail courses in competition. Our grandkids all got their first rides on this mare. Her name was Weebit. Short for Weebit O Trouble which she never was.
Okay.. I can't write any more now... The hurt will go away in a few days.. I hope..

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh Kay, I'm so sorry. It must be difficult to lose such a long time companion. It sound like you have wonderful memories with her.
~Rose.
(rosemarie23 on LE)
nagi said…
Kay and Mike-
I am so very sorry for your loss...Tim and I send you our deepest sympathies....what a beautiful soul--thank you for sharing her with us....
Gone2theDawgs said…
OH KAY! :( I dreaded going to your blog to see what had happened....
What a sad way to lose her, and what a hard thing for Mike to do! But what a wonderful life Weebit had!! You kept her to the very end (which most people don't do these days)and kept her active and well fed and mainly LOVED. You do have some wonderful memories of her (I DO too!)and the hurt will eventually be replaced with the memories. HUGS to you and Mike! Tammy
Pretty Things said…
Oh wow. I can't even imagine. I'm so sorry. :-(
Anonymous said…
So sorry about your friend, Weebit. It really sounds like you loved each other well for a long time. Hugs. ~~Mary

Popular posts from this blog

Just the beginning