ah.. new adventures...

Having a kiln can prompt one to go into so many directions.

A good friend showed me how to work on a potter's wheel.  Working with clay is very satisfying..  the texture as you work a mound of mud into something visual, tactile and possibly even functional.

The process of glazing is another field altogether.  More like lampworking and fusing glass.  Compatibility issues come into play as well as the rewards of opening the kiln to see what transpired between the kiln gods... having discovered that arguments do occur at times..  lol.   This is the first load they let me have..





I look forward to the long hours of winter where I can totally surround myself with my arts.. though I will miss the long ride in the woods and trails on horseback.

This weekend will be very rewarding.  Tom Lynch is in town and I have signed up for his three day workshop hoping for improvements to my watercolor adventures.  Check out his website to see where I want to go..
http://www.tomlynch.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Memory Of

Just the beginning

Luvin' the new interior paint..